With our Los Angeles car design forum only a few weeks away, we're delighted to share the news that we've confirmed a full line-up of excellent speakers, guaranteeing a fascinating and inspiring day.
The full schedule and all speaker biographies can be found on , and there's also a very handy app for the event, available to download for or devices.
But here’s a quick rundown of the day’s proceedings for the forum, which is the LA Auto Show’s official design event, and will start at 9.30am on November 28th. If you haven't registered yet, do it right now by clicking .
- Andy Woodman – Senior Design Manager, Lego
Andy is heading up this world-renowned brand’s design team – he’s going to tell us about the challenges and successes of this iconic building system (there’s a good example here).
Session 1 – New Brands, New Ideas
The automotive landscape suddenly looks very different thanks to a whole set of brand new outfits with exciting, innovative thinking. Here’s how they will change the future of vehicles.
- Moderator – Chris Maillard, Editor In Chief, CDN
- Stefan Lamm – Vice President Mercedes Benz, Advance Design North America
- Benoit Jacobs – Vice President of Design, Byton
- Derek Jenkins – Vice President of Design, Lucid Motors
- Dan Darancou – Design Director, CH-Auto
Session 2 – Into The Virtual World
From gaming tech to virtual or augmented reality, there are new ways of creating vehicles and interacting with them. How will design use those tools and meet those demands?
- Moderator – Stewart Reed, Dean, ArtCenter
- Andrew Moir – Design Manager, Hyundai Design North America
- T Jon Mayer – Senior Director of Design, Volvo Cars USA
- Michael Smith – Design Manager, Ford Motor Company
- Frank Saucedo – Director of Advance Design GM North America
Session 3 - The Control Panel
The UX and HMI design toolkit has suddenly expanded. Voice! Gesture! Touch! Giant screens! Intelligent lighting! It’s all fun, but how do we make future cars simple, enjoyable and safe?
- Moderator – Dave Muyres, Mobility Future
- Dave Marek – VP of Design, Acura
- Lars Falk – Head of Interior Design & Creative UX Design, Geely Design Europe
- Brad Gieske – Design Manager, User Experience, FCA US
- Alfonso Albaisa – Senior VP, Global Design, Nissan Motor Company